Tour brief description
Explore Georgian high mountains of Ananuri-Kazbegi on a day trip
On our tour to Ananuri-Kazbegi mountains you will have an exciting drive, heading north along the Georgian Military Highway into the high Caucasus Mountains. This is the main road running for 220 km from Tbilisi to Vladikavkaz in Russia, a spectacular highway that winds its way through sheer mountains. This route actually dates back to 1st century BC and is still important as the only link connecting to Russia through Caucasus Mountains.
Trip to Ananuri-Kazbegi includes several touristic areas, such as Ananuri architectural complex and Zhinvali water reservoir, Gergeti Trinity Church and Kazbegi village.
Excursion is accompanied with live guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
We will visit:
- Ananuri architectural complex, two churches and the fortress overlooking the Zhinvali water reservoir. The main church, built in 17thcentury is considered a masterpiece of carving.
- Gergeti Trinity Church, located 2170 meters above sea level in Kazbegi village. There you can enjoy picturesque views all around you. In case weather permits, you may catch a glimpse of one of the highest picks in Georgia – Mkinvartsveri (Ice top – 5047 meters above sea level). In Kazbegi there is also an ethnographic museum and the house museum of famous Georgian writer Aleksandre Kazbegi.
All Entrance fees
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Tour does not include additional mountain transportation fee to Gergeti Trinity Church which is optional to visit
- Start point: Kote Apkhazi st. 44 (Meidan square)
- Departure time: 09:30
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Tour cancellation Policy
After the tour confirmation all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.