Tour brief description
Our Kakheti tour offers a day in one of the most beautiful regions in Georgia. Seventy percent of Georgian wines are produced there. Contemporary archaeological diggings and wine jars, stone wine presses found in Kakheti, prove that Kakhetian people knew how to grow wine in ancient times. Almost every Kakhetian village is well known for its own sort of wine, such as Kindzmarauli, Akhasheni, Teliani, Mukuzani. Wines with similar names are called after the villages where they are produced.
Trip to Kakheti includes several touristic areas, such as Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe, Sighnaghi – city of Love, Tsinandali house museum of Georgian noble family, traditional cooking and wine tasting. During the harvest season, we will also visit one of the biggest wine factories in Khakheti, where you can taste and buy some wine.
Excursion is accompanied with live guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
We will visit:
- The Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe – In the 4th century, St Nino from Cappadocia adopted Georgia to Christianity (Georgia was one of the first countries in the world to adopt Christianity). That’s why she is one of the most adored saints in our country. The relics of Saint Nino are buried in the Monastery and there is the spring named after her, which is believed to have healing effects by the pilgrims.
- Sighnaghi – city of Love. One of its highlights is a wonderful fortress, built by king Erakle II on a mountainside. The fortress is almost intact. From its top you will have splendid view of Alazani valley, vineyards and mountains. The city is similar to some Italian towns, because of its narrow streets and small houses with red roofs. After walk we will have a traditional dinner with workshop, where you will learn how to cook traditional meals. You can also taste traditional candies, made with grape juice – Churchkhela and Pelamushi.
- Tsinandali – is an ancestral village of one of the most famous Georgian families – Chavchavadze, where there is located their house museum as well. Chavchavadze family members were well-known politics, military leaders, poets and scientists. We will visit the prince’s wine cellar with unique collections of wines. You can also have a walk in a beautiful park surrounding the palace.
All Entrance fees
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Tour does not include admission fee to the house-museum which is optional to visit
- Start point: Kote Apkhazi st. 44 (Meidan square)
- Departure time: 09:30
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Tour cancellation Policy
After the tour confirmation all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.