Tour brief description
Explore Kutaisi old town, ancient religious houses and Prometheus cave on a day trip
On our tour to Kutaisi you will have an opportunity to visit several UNESCO World Heritage Sites around one of the oldest cities in Georgia and explore one of Georgia’s natural wonders providing visitors with access to underground waterfalls, cave pearls, rivers and lakes.
Excursion is accompanied with live guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
We will visit:
- Kutaisi city – one of the most beautiful and ancient Georgian cities, the land of Argonauts, situated in West Georgia on the banks of the picturesque Rioni River.
- Gelati cathedral – a masterpiece of the medieval Georgian architecture and a distinct landmark in the scenery of central Kutaisi, the cathedral rests on the Ukimerioni Hill. Bagrati Cathedral was built in the early years of the 11th century, during the reign of King Bagrat III and is included in UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list.
- Gelati was one of the main cultural and intellectual centers of Georgian Golden Age. Founded in 12th century by King David IV the Builder, Gelati is recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site and represents a well-preserved complex, with wonderful mosaics and wall paintings. It used to have an academy, which employed some of the most celebrated Georgian scientists, theologians, and philosophers, many of whom had previously been active at various orthodox monasteries abroad.
- Prometheus cave is the biggest cave in Georgia. Although only one tenth is open for tourists, it takes about an hour to explore it. It is full with stalactites, stalagmites, petrified waterfalls, underground rivers and lakes. All this is spectacularly highlighted by an underground light system filled with LED lights.
All Entrance fees
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Tour does not include admission fee to the cave, which is optional to visit
- Start point: Kote Apkhazi st. 44 (Meidan square)
- Departure time: 09:00
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Tour cancellation Policy
After the tour confirmation all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.