Tour brief description
Explore the contrast of Vardzia,Rabati, Borjomi on a day trip
Our tour to three destinations of Vardzia, Rabati and Borjomi offers you a unique opportunity to visit contrasting sites of several historical eras within just a day!
Excursion is accompanied with live guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
We will visit:
- Vardzia is a cave site in southern Georgia dating back to 12th century, excavated from the slopes of the Erusheti Mountain on the left bank of the Mtkvari River. Excavations have shown that the area of Vardzia was inhabited even earlier during the Bronze Age. There you can find bell tower, main church, cave dwellings, rooms, chapels, pharmacy and wine cellars. Beyond the bell tower the complex rises to nineteen tiers, with steps leading to a cemetery. Infrastructure includes access tunnels, water facilities, and provision for defence. Vardzia has been submitted for future inscription on the UNESCO World Heritage List as a Cultural Site.
- Rabati Castle is a medieval castle complex of Asian style in Akhaltsikhe. Built in the 13th century, Rabati castle developed under the influence of diï¬€erent cultures over subsequent centuries and this is reflected in its architecture. Within the 7 hectares castle complex there is a Church, a Mosque, a Minaret and a Synagogue.
- Borjomi is the picturesque resort town in south-central Georgia located on the edge of the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. The town is famous for its mineral water, which is the number one export of Georgia; the Romanov summer palace and the World Wide Fund for nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Borjomi is also home to the most extensive ecologically themed amusement park in the Caucasus.
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Tour does not include admission fees to the cave complex, castle and park
- Start point: Kote Apkhazi st. 44 (Meidan square)
- Departure time: 09:00
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Tour cancellation Policy
After the tour confirmation all sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.